Cost – £350.00 pp
Duration – 2 day
Location – Dartmouth, South Devon.
To learn how to plan, prepare, develop and implement an expedition to the far flung corners of the world or within your own national wilder areas.
The training area occupies an extensive wooded estate upstream from the town of Dartmouth. During the 2 days, our instructors will go through the preparation and forward planning processes, the equipment and human resource requirements, getting there and then the safe management of implementation of the expedition. In addition the course will look at contingency plans, emergency and medical scenarios together with survival techniques
Prelims – Introductions, issue of equipment, any other admin.
Working through a series of stances we will cover the following
- The concept – what is an expedition
- Initial plans and feasibility and hazard assessment.
- Organisation & leadership
- Human resource requirements
- Equipment – choice and functionality
- Traveling – getting there
- Local resources.
- Traveling – when you are there -safe movement over ground, navigation techniques, equipment and resources.
- Obstacle crossing – static water, rivers, maritime and land obstacles including vertical training, steep ground etc.
- Contingency planning – when things do not go to plan
- Medical – assessment, requirements and equipment etc.
- Emergency situations and crisis management – raising the alarm and getting help
- Survival techniques including shelter construction, fire lighting, finding food and water, etc