Cost – £415.00 pp
Duration – 2 day
Location – Dartmouth, South Devon.
The Experience – A great couple of days spent living and learning in the coastal maritime environment.
You will enjoy the experience of a night under canvas amongst some of the most beautiful and breath taking areas of the UK in the South Hams area of Devon.
Setting up camp in amongst the trees on the banks of the River Dart, where bush craft can enhance your enjoyment of the natural world. Introduction to traditional navigation techniques (No GPS required) and traveling by water and land overcoming obstacles, hazard awareness. Over the course of the 2 days you will enjoy the simplicity of outdoors living, fairly minimalistic but in comfort maintaining the sustainability of the environment.
The aim is that by the end of the course, you will feel confident to throw a ruck sack on your back and head out into the wild, be it Dartmoor, the Scottish Highlands or those untouched places in the world, that as yet, have seen little foot traffic, being still as nature intended.
Prelims – Introductions, issue of equipment, any other admin. Safety briefs and program.
Move into the woods to the camp
Working through a series of stances we will cover the following;
- The principles of bush craft and outdoor living.
- Make camp
- Navigation with or without a compass and map.
- Fire lighting – the camp fire.
- Food and water – the natural resources around us.
- Cooking outdoor cuisine.
- Exploring the local area – land, river and coast
- Obstacle recognition and methods of overcoming them
- Emergency shelter construction
- Staying safe
- Micro Expedition planning